Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wait!!!! what was I talking about again???



BOOM! Two blogs in one month!!! How ya like THAT! hahhaha!

Hmm.. might've been last month.. whatever. I'm blogging! What more do you want from me! (Beware: this could be a long one...)

So I got some MAJOR news the other day! I got accepted to Iowa State University! YAY ME! I was so far past the deadline that I was sure they were going to either deny my request for admissions or tell me I would have to wait until the spring semester to start, but I must have made a good impression during my interview in the History department because they shoved my application in and I start this fall. Which is a huge relief because I tell ya, if I had to sit around this house any longer than the summer break, then I was going to have to... well, do something drastic.

On that note, my summer break is not going exactly as I planned. I was hoping for a nice relaxing summer vacation: sleeping in, staying up late, plowing through my summer reading list, etc, etc. Apparently, not so much.

To start with, my dad INSISTED that my kids take swimming lessons this summer. They've never taken the classes before simply because my kids HATE getting in the water. Ok, well, not so much hate it, but more like they don't like getting their heads wet or getting in water any deeper than their chest. But of course, dad being dad, I let him talk me into it. I know that it's good for them to know how to swim and that once they learn it they will be safer in the water and have more fun. But still, I hate seeing my kids frustrated. I don't want them to always take the easy way in life and I know it's good for them to work on things that are difficult for them, but ya... mom in me says ugh. So, anyway, I realized after the second lesson that my kids were NOT fish in a previous life! Poor Erin was the oldest and tallest in her group (thankfully her and Logan were placed in the same group). Big deal you say? Ya... the next oldest was Logan then the next was a 6 year old. Erin is 11. ughhhhh. By the end of the 2 week course, Logan, who started having fun about half way through, got close to moving up a level. He really only had trouble with pushing off the wall under water. Erin... geesh. She barely passed anything. I feel so bad for her. I know it was because she was annoyed at being put with the younger kids, but if she doesn't face this fear, she will never move on. God willing....

Next on my list of my Spectacular Summer Party Poopers: my neighbors are on vacation for 2 weeks. YES, it's a big deal, because they have two dogs, "affectionately" called 'Yip' and 'Yap' by my parents. I'm not too sure what kind of dogs they are, but they are small and a handful at the same time. Cute though, I'll give them that. The girl is a bit bigger and she doesn't let the boy dog forget it. They fight constantly! Not like bite-your-head-off kind of fighting, more like Hey!-I'm-bigger -and-going-to-jump-on-you kind of fighting. The boy dog is adorable. But I think the thing needs therapy or something. He has an affliction with walking in circles. He's not chasing his tail... just.... mhmm... walking. Wierdo. Anywho, I have to wake up early to feed them and put them outside and stuff. I'm making 80 bucks for 10 days of puppy sitting, so I shouldn't complain. But still! 8am on vacation is too early!!

Speaking of vacation. I went on a wee lil road trip to eastern Iowa last weekend. It was a ball! I went on a river boat ride, saw an IMAX film, spent the day at a museum and ate some DELISH foods. I spent way more than I intended, but I don't care, it was fun! The museum that I went to was having a Titanic exhibit. When you walked through the entrance, they gave you a card that had a passenger name, occupation, class blah blah, then at the end of the exhibit, you checked the list of names to see if you survived or not. I'm surprised I wasn't escorted from the museum when I exclaimed rather loudly at the end that I survived and my "travel companion" did not.... and then proceeded to taunt him for the next half hour :D hehe. We then walked through an ancient Egypt exhibit and an ancient Asia one. They were both rather cool! Being the History junkie that I am and my cohort being one as well, we spent the better part of 5 hours in there where it should have only taken about 2 hours to go through the whole place! Oh well, we enjoyed ourselves ;)

So, there's a recap on how life is as of now. I shall get on to the part now that you mass multitude (three) of readers are here to read about!

My Random Thought Process of the Day!!

I actually wrote this one down today cause it was all over the freekin place! It took me an hour to backtrack to try to figure out where they hell it started!

I was reading this article about a razor that costs $100,000. For real! The blade is supposedly made from human made sapphires (for a gem of a shave *baaad a ching!*) and the handle is made from some weird material called iridium,"an extremely scarce and expensive metal that is so dense it could survive a drop into molten lava", in case you ever felt the need to stand by a volcano and shave. How silly is this thing! Being a glutton for punishment, I started to read the comments. BRING ON the Lord of the Ring innuendos!

I loved that movie... when it first came out. I should watch it again.

>.>

Hobbits. Stinky, furry feet. A group of men traveling together with two small boy looking creatures...... Never mind. Way too creepy for me.

You wanna know what else is creepy? Anthony Wiener! Ok, first off, thank you SO much for making it so I can't type "wiener" into Google and get something good. hahha, omg, just joking about that. no for real!

O.O

But really, what was that guy thinking?! First off, to all you men out there: don't send that kind of stuff to chicks. Really, most of us just find it creepy. We don't want to watch you "thinking about us". *shivers* Secondly, I can't believe the dude lied about it. He was just making it "hard on" himself. Did he really think that he wasn't going to get caught?? I mean for real here... the economy is tanking, oil prices are atrocious, blah blah. He just gave the government fuel to take the attention off all the economical stuff going on and made us all focus on "crotch-gate". To make things worse (funnier), Bill Clinton actually reprimanded him! Why is he upset?? Because he stole his idea! *Sigh* I long for the good 'ol days when the only people that saw a government officials "little congressmen" were interns. Do I think he should retire? Who cares if he "pulls out"? Yes, I'm sure he will face some "stiff" charges.... ok, omg, I can't go on...

Which leads me to remember that Arnie Schwart-n-something just recently got into trouble as well! Can you imagine being his mistress? How many times could YOU stand him saying "I'm gonna pump.. YOU up!!" That's just nasty, I'm SOO sorry I went there! LOL

I feel kind of sorry for these women, you know, Tiger's wife, Arnie and Wiener's wife (I just giggle whenever I type his name.. I can't help it). Here they are, thrust into the spotlight because of their husbands' infidelity.

Then... SERIOUSLY... as I was thinking that, a commercial for (in)Fidelity Insurance came on the TV! NOT JOKING! *dumbstuck!* I was watching Hulu on my Xbox at the time...

And that's another thing!!!! I'm paying 8 bucks a month for Netflix and 8 for HuluPlus. I just started the Hulu sub to fill in the many holes that 'flix has now. I paid for Hulu AFTER I found out the bastards have commercials! WTF! I'm paying 8 bucks a month, I do NOT want to watch commercials!!! What makes it worse is 90% of them are for freekin Geico (see section entitled "Rhetorical Questions Campaign"). "Can you REALLY save 15% by switching to Geico? Do dogs chase cats? Would Foghorn Leghorn make a bad book narrator? Is the pen really mightier than the sword? Do people do dumb things with smart phones?" FFS! Enough already!!!!!! Go crawl under a rock with Rick!

I want a freekin smart phone. But not any smart phone.The cool ones in Japan and Korea. An LG Lollipop!!!! (Fast forward to the 2 minute mark) Those things look so cool! As of right now, I have a phone that calls and texts. No internet on it. It blows.

About this time, I missed half of the show I was watching and paused it to stop and think where the hell my attention and thoughts went off track. I was told by a teacher one time that if your mind wanders, you should always backtrack to the beginning and that way, you learn to focus better. It just gives me a headache. When she asked me why, I told her a thought process of mine.

It took the whole hour class...

Love to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment