Thursday, August 27, 2009

3 Months??

Really? has it been 3 months since I blogged? I checked my other sites that I blog on and the dates on those were even later! How can that be? What have I been doing?

Oh yeah, I remember...

Well the summer semester didn't go the best for me. I only took two classes because I wanted to spend time with my bf this summer instead of going to school. I took two classes that I thought I could breeze through given my work background: Accounting and Ethics. Well... the Ethics went well.
Accounting? Yeahhhhhhhh... not so much...
>.>
Apparently, you have to actually attend classes and do the homework to get a good grade... whoda thunk it?

With July came classes, more bf time and summer activities. Taking the kids to the park, talks of layoffs at work, attempting to study and a rushed party to celebrate the 4th and my brothers birthday were just the tip of the proverbial iceberg that fulled my days and nights.

August came in too much of a rush. It started off fantastic with talks of babies and trips abroad and then slowly and steadily got worse. My birthday on the 11th signaled the end of an era for me. I honestly thought that the day I turned 30 that I would be depressed and there wouldn't be a single high point in the whole day. I was wrong of course because even though I was feeling old and grouchy, I got to open my present that I'd been waiting for for 2 weeks. When I opened it, it was like the sun was shinning on me from a distant land! It made the day bearable (no pun intended) and I made it through without too many tears of self pity.

The end of August also brought with it the end of a relationship. I'm not going to go into details, but will say that I was absolutely furious with the decisions made and the words that were said and now... a few days after... the sadness and the loneliness are creeping in. I'm not very good on my own but if that's the way it's going to be then so be it. I say this cause I know that no matter if I look and find someone, or someone looks and finds me, I'll never find one like the one I lost. And every man in my life... whether friend or potential suitor... will be compared to "him", and they will NEVER measure up to the way he made me feel during the good days. So, with that said, i'll be single for life.

Thankfully then that the end of August has also brought the beginning of a new semester and the beginning of a new major. I've signed up for 5 classes, all not the easiest on the list, and have decided to bury myself in books and notes to clear my mind. I've also ran into a friend I made a few semesters ago. We're both sharing a class again and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed his conversations. ( as per the above paragraph... he's 10 yrs my Jr, sweet, kind and totally not my type lol )

So all in all, It's been a wonderful last three months with a dark spot to mar it's ending. But things will get better, as they always do, and life goes on....

... whether we hop aboard or not.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment